Home > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions PDF Brochure

What do I need to be able to study in Spain?

A passport, which complies with official regulations, signed and valid for at least six months.

A visa. You can apply for a student visa at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your country.

If you want to study in an official, certified program at a Spanish university leading to a degree, you must have documentation of your academic qualifications officially recognized in Spain. These documents are not required for Spanish language and culture courses or for any program not leading to a university degree.

Do I need a high level of Spanish to study at a Spanish university?

Yes, in most universities you will have to take a test to confirm your linguistic ability. Universities may also consider the student's résumé to verify your ability.

What other requirements are needed to study at a Spanish university?

If you have not studied at a university, you must submit the relevant documentation to the Ministry of Education in Spain to confirm your secondary education. All the documents that you submit must be official and issued by the appropriate authorities in accordance with the legal regulations of your country. If you are from a country which has signed the "Hague Convention", a document which has been certified with a conformant "apostille" will be accepted for legal use. If you are from a Member State of the European Union or a country which has signed the "European Economic Area Agreement", you will not be required to provide any such form. For every other country, documents must be legalized through diplomatic channels. The confirmation of these entrance requirements is carried out by the "Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia", (UNED).

Furthermore, if you are coming from a country which is not one of the Member States of the European Union or does not have a bilateral agreement with Spain in terms of education, you will have to pass a series of aptitude tests to be able to study at a university in Spain. These are called "Pruebas de Aptitud para el Acceso a la Universidad (PAU)" . There are specific entrance exams for foreign students, organized by the UNED. If you have already studied at a university in your own country and you wish to continue your studies in Spain, you must apply for a partial validation for the part of your degree you have taken so far.

How long does the process of authorizing and validating of my studies in Spain take?

Approximately three months from the time you apply to the final decision.

What requirements do I need to be able to do a Masters in a Spanish university?

You must have a university degree and in some cases, you will need to authorize it with the equivalent Spanish degree through the "Ministry of Science and Innovation".

How long does it take to study for an Undergraduate Degree and for a Masters in Spain?

It takes 4 or 5 years to study for an Undergraduate Degree and from 7 months to 2 years to study for a Masters.

If I satisfy the entrance requirements for a Spanish university, can I enroll in any degree course through eduSpain?

Not in all cases. Each university has its own entrance requirements and limited quotas for admissions of foreign students. However, eduSpain will help to make this procedure easier.

How much does it cost to do a Degree or a Masters in Spain?

A Degree at a public university costs, on average, 1,000 euros per academic year.

A Degree at a private university costs, on average, 6,300 euros per academic year.

A Masters costs from 4,000 to 30,000 euros, depending on where you study, for how long you study etc.

Is it possible to get a grant for my studies?

Although it is not impossible, a grant is very difficult to get. Ask eduSpain about the opportunities before you decide to start the application process.